The VET FEE-HELP industry has exploded in the last 5 years with the number of Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) increasing, not to mention the amount of broker services that have sprung up to market and feed student enrollments into.
There is also some great quality little boutique online colleges that offer excellent advisor support to students. Tri Training Online College is one of those. They provide dedicated course advisers and job finding assistance. They have a great array of online diploma courses and are also VET FEE-HELP Online Courses. On the flip side, there are also some less than scrupulous providers that have come under scrutiny of late.
The real question is will it all last?
So, What is VET FEE-HELP?
The VET FEE-HELP is designed to provide financial assistance for paying tuition fees to students who meet the edibility criteria and wish to pursue higher level Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications, such as diploma or above. You can use the VET FEE-HELP to pay a part of, or all your tuition fees, based on your financial need and situation. However, the VET-FEE HELP does not cover any additional study expenditures, for instance, text books, accommodation etc.
You can also avail the VET FEE-HELP assistance on a temporary basis for certain certificate IV qualifications.
What is the Eligibility Criteria:
In order to be eligible for the VET-FEE HELP assistance you must be:
- An Australian Citizen
- Permanent humanitarian visa holder residing in Australia
- You must have not exceeded your FEE-HELP Limit
In addition to these, there are also some course requirements that will assess the eligibility of your application. You are required to meet any of the following requirements:
- You are a student studying a diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or a graduate diploma level course
- You are a student full-fee paying student listed by a certified VET-FEE HELP provider.
- You are a student subsidised by the government or an official institution.
- You are student supported by the Victorian, South Australian, Queensland, Western Australian and New South Wales Government studying in a specified certificate IV course.
- You have been enrolled by a certified provider in an approved unit of study by the specified deadline for enrollment for that particular unit.
Eligible courses for VET FEE-HELP:
In order to acquire financial assistance through VET FEE-HELP, you must apply for the following VET qualification levels:
- Advanced Diploma
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Diploma
How does the VET FEE-HELP assist the subsidised VET students?
If you are a VET student subsidised by state or territory and enrolled with a certified provider that has effective accessibility and arrangements for VET FEE-HELP assistance, you are eligible for the VET FEE-HELP. You can receive financial assistance to pay your tuition fee for the following VET qualification levels:
- Advanced Diploma
- Selected Certificate IV qualifications.
What is the Certificate IV Trial?
The Certificate IV Trial period allows to avail the VET FEE-HELP loans on a temporary basis. These loans provide financial assistance in a limited number of specific Certificate IV qualifications in certain states or territories.
In order to be eligible for this assistance you need to:
- Meet the VET FEE-HELP citizenship requirements.
- Meet the VET FEE-HELP residency requirements.
- Meet the eligibility criteria for your specific subsidised position in the specific courses offered in the trial.
If you are a full paying, or a fee for service student you cannot avail the trial even if you are enrolled in the courses that are offered in this programme.
There are many high quality RTO’s that offer great quality courses to students both on campus and online.